The Berkshire Art Association
Call For Art
By: BAA - Jan 28, 2022
Berkshire Art Association
P.O. Box 385
Pittsfield, MA 01202
CALL FOR ART: The Berkshire Art Association (BAA) seeks contemporary art for its biennial show at the Lichtenstein Center for the Arts, planned for October 7 - November 26 at the Lichtenstein Center, 28 Renne Avenue, Pittsfield, MA. The show will open Friday, October 7 from 5-8 pm, with a reception Saturday, October 8, from 3–5 pm. Artwork in all media is sought. Experimental media is encouraged.
Artists working in the Berkshires, New York and New England are invited to submit, responding to RE:FRESH. All artwork must have been made within the past 2 years.
These past few years have been… well, exhausting, to say the least.
So let’s all hit that RE:FRESH button creatively. The theme RE:FRESH speaks of the challenges, inspirations and new possibilities presented to all of us over the past two years. Art is an ever changing, ever evolving meaningful expression that reflects and defines the time of its making. How have the past two years reformed, informed, refreshed or reinvigorated your studio practice?
- Entries accepted online at https://baabiennial2022.artcall.org: January 21-April 24, 2022
- Notification of acceptance will be sent by email no later than: May 9, 2022
- Accepted work to be delivered to Lichtenstein Center for the Arts: September 19 - 23, 2022, during posted gallery hours or by special arrangement.
- RE:FRESH 2022 Opening Reception: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 3–5 pm
- RE:FRESH 2022 Closes: Saturday, November 26, 2022, 4 pm
- Pick-up unsold artwork: November 26, 2022 after 4 pm, or November 27-29 during posted gallery hours or by special arrangement.
The 2022 Juried Biennial Exhibition is open to all Berkshire, New England, and New York residents. Applicants must be 18 years or older, working in media, including but not limited to painting, drawing, printmaking, fibers, metals, ceramics, sculpture, photography, audio, video, performance, installation, and more. Work must have been completed between 2020 and 2022, and relate to the theme.
Entry is through https://baabiennial2022.artcall.org. You must create a username and password to use this system. Once you have an account, you can upload your images and other materials. Here are some guidelines:
- Artists must include an artist’s statement addressing the work they submit.
- Artists may submit jpeg images of 1-3 works with 1-3 views of each work.
- There is a $25.00 entry fee.
- To submit work, visit: https://baabiennial2022.artcall.org
- Email Mary Beth Eldridge, President of the Berkshire Art Association at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will receive an email notification regarding acceptance no later than May 9, 2022.
- Accepted work must be delivered to Lichtenstein Center for the Arts: by September 24, 2022, during posted gallery hours or by special arrangement.
- Artists must complete the entry form, including medium or description of process, title, size, and price of the work.
- You may not enter work for another artist.
- All work must be original.
- Each artist may submit a maximum of 3 images per work.
- Works must be properly framed, wired, and or ready for hanging.
- Accepted work may NOT be removed until after the close of the show. The first day for pick-up is Saturday, November 26 after 4 pm.
- Work must be picked up between November 26 and November 29 during posted gallery hours.
Jurors: Kinney Freylinghuysen, artist and director of the Frelinghuysen Morris House & Studio, Lenox, Massachusetts; Genevieve Gaignard, a multi-disciplinary artist based in Los Angeles and Massachusetts; and Linda Johnson, curator at Hancock Shaker Village, Massachusetts.
Artwork Delivery and Pick-Up
Shipped Work: Artists are responsible for delivering and picking up their work. Shipped work must be adequately packed for shipping. Any work shipped back to the artist must include reusable packaging and a prepaid shipping label. There is a handling cost of $25 per artist for shipped work. However, if the work is hand delivered and picked up at the end of the show, this fee does not apply. Make checks payable to: Berkshire Art Association.
- Work must be delivered between September 19 and September 24, 2022. Please attach a legible identification label to each piece, clearly labeled with artist contact information, title, media/process, and price.
- Work may NOT be removed until after the close of the show. The first day for pick-up is Saturday, November 26, after 4:15 pm. Work must be picked up by Tuesday, November 29, by special arrangement.
- The retail price of the work may not be changed after submitting the works to the jury.
- The Berkshire Art Association will retain a 20% commission on any work sold from the exhibition. The artist will receive 80% of the retail price.
- Purchased work may not be removed from the gallery before 4 pm, November 26, 2022. Payment for sales will be made on the 10th of the month following the de-installation of the exhibition.
All reasonable care will be taken with artwork. However, BAA or volunteers will not be responsible for loss or damage to artwork. Therefore, BAA suggests that participants carry separate insurance.
Permission is granted to the BAA for the reproduction of artwork for catalog and/or advertising purposes. Entry into the exhibition constitutes agreement with this understanding.
For More Information Please Contact: Mary Beth Eldridge, President of the Berkshire Art Association at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT BERKSHIRE ART ASSOCIATION
Since 1950, the non-profit Berkshire Art Association has been dedicated to encouraging emerging artists and giving Berkshire residents and visitors opportunities to view and become engaged with contemporary trends in American art.
The mission of the BAA is to connect artists and the community in order to inspire creativity and increase access to the visual arts.